Our School’s History
The Camas-Washougal Parent Co-op Preschool (C-W Co-op Preschool) was formed by Mrs. Jerry Clary in 1940. This first nursery school in the Camas-Washougal area was a project of the American Association of University Women (AAUW). For the first few years, the members’ children met in private homes.
As the school continued to grow, they began to meet at the Camas Methodist Church. Enrollment gradually was broadened to include children of non-AAUW women and the school became a community preschool with the AAUW relinquishing control to a board of parents.
In October 1986, the school moved to Helen Baller Early Childhood Education Center. After three years, it moved to St. Thomas Aquinas Religious Education Center where it remained a secular public preschool.
In 1999, the school moved to its present location at St. John’s Presbyterian Church.